Pre-Cut Cover Panels for Ekodome® Frames
Pre-cut panels in various materials and various thicknesses for Ekodome® frames are now available to order from our website. Which materials are we offering, what colors and which thicknesses? Here below you can find all the details.
1) Solid PC (4mm / 6mm / 8mm / 10mm):
Polycarbonate is a tough, transparent plastic material with outstanding strength, stiffness, and impact resistance. Its UV resistance allows it to be used in outdoor applications including greenhouses, skylights, and nurseries. Solid polycarbonate sheets have enough thickness for a durable and practically unbreakable roofing system. It is highly impact resistant and provides a higher insulating property than glass while also being significantly more durable. This attribute makes them ideal for emergency shelters. Also, having the glass transparency and being UV protected on both faces makes them the perfect cover for skylights and panoramic bay windows for your dwell dome. With proper care, polycarbonate can last about 10 years, a fraction of how long glass lasts.
We offer solid polycarbonates in clear, opal white and bronze colors at 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm thicknesses.
2) Twinwall PC (4mm / 6mm / 8mm / 10mm):
A twinwall polycarbonate panel is a tough, durable, and lightweight plastic building material. It is commonly used as cladding, roofing panels, and translucent walls in structures like greenhouses. It provides great strength, thermal properties, and some UV protection for a moderate expense.Polycarbonate twinwall is designed for an endless range of glazing and roofing applications, as well as applications requiring extreme impact resistance, including storm panels, skylights, room dividers, roof panels, greenhouse panels and patio/pergola roofing.
We offer twinwall polycarbonates in clear, opal white and bronze colors at 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm thicknesses.
- Lightweight: Just 1/8 the weight of glass and much lighter than solid panels
- Highly Flexible: Twinwall plastic panels can be cold formed to many bending radii and can be fabricated on site to precise dimensions.
- Virtually Unbreakable: Able to stand extreme abuse, its impact strength is 200 times greater than glass and 10 times greater than acrylic. Superior structural durability, and impact resistance.
- Saves Energy: The Twinwall construction gives excellent thermal insulating values while blocking UV transmission and weather. Twinwall plastic sheeting has excellent insulation properties.
- Home Improvement: For easy do-it-yourself projects like window replacements, shower enclosures, greenhouses, partitions, light covers, patio covers, carports, windbreaks and even chicken coops. Easy to handle and install with a high fire performance rating.
- Horticultural: For greenhouse coverings where good thermal insulation is necessary together with high light transmission.
- Architectural Glazing: Can be cold-formed, offering architects design freedom on site.
- Twinwall panels are self-supporting and do not require extensive structural support.